9.11.2018

Seasons :: Remember

I'm in a new journey these days with the loss of my father less than two weeks ago.

During his last few months of life here on earth, my mum and sisters rallied hard to love and care for dad. Cancer was the final chapter of his book with us. Even with the knowledge that he would not 'get better', and we knew that it was a matter of time before he left us for 'Home', that fateful moment of his final breath broke a piece of me.

The hard tears are just starting to fall. I'm not sure how to walk through grief ... it's not something that is commonly talked about. I don't know when to say yes. I don't know when to say no, or not now. I can't figure out when to plod on or rest my body. What I do know, is I let myself weep or cry when it comes, whether I am alone or with people. This journey will be what it is, no matter who will accept it, or who turns their back.

At my father's Celebration of Life service this past weekend, I talked about dad's faithfulness to His Saviour. When I would call him with my most recent struggle, daddy would remind me "God has never failed us yet Alex and He has this too."

And then good 'ol Lauren Daigle shared this song on her new album (lyrics below).

I think Someone's got this too - I hear you daddy...I hear you! xo







"Remember"
Lauren Daigle

[Verse 1]
In the darkest hour when I cannot breathe
Fear is on my chest, the weight of the world on me
Everything is crashing down, everything I had known
When I wonder if I'm all alone

[Chorus]
I remember, I remember
You have always been faithful to me
I remember, I remember
Even when my own eyes could not see
You were there, always there

[Verse 2]
I will lift my eyes even in the pain
Above all the lies, I know You can make a way
I have seen giants fall, I have seen mountains move
I have seen waters part, because of You

[Chorus]
I remember, I remember
You have always been faithful to me
I remember, I remember
Even when my own eyes could not see
You were there, always there

[Bridge-repeat]
I can't stop thinking about, I can't stop thinking about
I can't stop thinking about Your goodness

[Chorus]
I remember, I remember
You have always been faithful to me
I remember, I remember
Even when my own eyes could not see
You were there, always there with me

No comments: